Persian to English
English to Persian
1. Drag & Drop Picture Vocabulary
2. niyāzmand-im: Practice Conjugating the verb, "to be"
missing letters (2,
present negative: translation
past positive: missing letters (2, 3, 4, 5)
3. Practice with the suffix -mand (as in niyāz-mand) Flashcards: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Answer key: list
4. Practice with basic expressions for need:
niyāz and lāzem Coming Soon!
4. niyāzmand, niyāz, lāzem, mi-talabad, lozum, lozumiyyat, bāyad : Gap-fill demo of a few ways to express need. Parts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
5. Decipher another Help-wanted sign through a multiple-choice quiz.
6. Practice reading out telephone numbers. Persian
speakers group the numbers instead of reading each digit separately.
Flashcard Exercise with Audio.
7. Can a female also be a bachche-susul? Listen to a reading of Shahr-e Fereshte-hā from a Persian blog to find out. Advanced listening comprehension exercise.
8. Approach the same blog story, Shahr-e Fereshte-hā as in #6 through plain text this time. Advanced reading gap-fill exercise. Parts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9. Answer a few multiple-choice questions on Shahr-e Fereshte-hā.
10. Go check out the original blog story Shahr-e Fereshte-hā and post a comment for the author on her blog if you liked it!